first of a kind!

Ohk..so i was thinking what to post on my blog after a long absence (attributed to test, fest and anything else that comes to your mind, which rhymes and can be considered a valid reason), and after 'not really an intense’ brain storming session, i decided to post the poem that i wrote for the Creative Writing contest in my fest. This poem i wrote for the elims of the contest and it did make through to the final 6, so i am assuming i will not feel stupid after posting it. But before the poem here are the rules to which we were supposed to abide to..

Rules: basically we were given 3 lines. We had to choose one line out of them to be the 1st line of our poem, one to be the last line and the 3rd was to be the theme of the poem. We were given 2 hours to do so, and i came up with this…

(its easy to guess 2 of the 3 lines that we were given because obviously they would be the 1st and last line of my poem…but see if you can guess the third line..!!)
So here goes..


"Fair is foul, and foul is fair
I lived on those lines, I lived against the rare,
As i forgot for what i am here
Who is it that can tell me who i am?

Am i the one with the sting of the serpent,
Mocking those who accepted me as their servant,
Why is it then, that my heart has repent
Who is it that can tell me who i am?

Am i the one they consider pure?
Who are deceived by my false sense of cure,
Why then am i not sure?
Who is it that can tell me who i am?

Am i the one who was always with them?
Giving a reality to what they dreamt
Why is it then that i cannot be content?
Who is it that can tell me who i am?

Am i the one who gave them the solution?
To the problems formed in the smoke of my brain’s pollution,
Why is it,the that my soul is in the way of a drive of demolition
Who is it that can tell me who i am?

Am i the one who they think i am,
Or am i the one i think i am not?
Am i the one who they all see?
Or am i the one who i think i might be?

Why cant i understand my inner call,
Why cant i face the people on whom i stroll,
Conscience does make cowards of us all."


I would also like to add that this poem is not inspired by any person that i can recall of and neither are these the thoughts that actually go through my mind, infact these would perhaps be the last thoughts i might think, it was just for the sake of the competition that i wrote i So hope you enjoyed and please comment whether or not you like it! Guesses for third line are also welcome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment