summer heat and feats!!

Now since my vacations are almost over and I was sitting wondering what path breaking, glass shattering ,mountain crumbling achievement have I done in the 2 months ,I realized though I might have not done any activity of this magnitude, it has certainly been one of the most productive summer vacations I have ever had. Another thing is that this was one of the most tension free vacations we had…ohk some people might argue that the time after 12th boards and all competition exams was cool as well but I don’t think so..i mean then we still had results and our college going on at the back of our minds. So all in all I feel that these vacation were certainly one of the best….

Well my vacations started quite pleasantly…as 2 days after I landed (and bore the never ending remarks of coming back darker, thinner and all that)..we, that is to say my entire family, went on a trip to munnar (in kerala)…it’s supposed to be a hill station, so the weather there was quite teasing if I compare it to that in delhi…but it was an awesome place to start vacations in..with all the valleys (and the spooky tales associated with them), the tea gardens,the long drives in the cool breeze,adventure activities and of course how can i forget the food…not to mention spending time with my entire family after a long time..so it was definitely a great commencement to my holidays…

Upon coming back my first thought was joining any activity to follow in my break…my first preference was learning a musical instrument and I rounded up on the guitar…I know its a bits clichéd but I like its sound anyway…so I found a professor to teach me near my house and informed him that I’d be here for another 2 months…though he was sceptic about it..he agreed to teach me saying that I may not be able to learn everything but definitely enough to keep me occupied in college.
So that’s how it went..i started learning the guitar..and it definitely does its bit in keeping me preoccupied…after what 3-4 weeks my sir went on some vacations for 10-12 days ..which gave an opportunity to my mom to take me along with her to my grandmom’s place which till now I had been strongly resenting.(primary reason being that I didn’t want to cut short the the already little time I had for my guitar lessons..)..so next week I was off to my grandmom’s….where I was treated no less than a celebrity as i was visiting after 4 years…i had the best servings of all the delicacies and the food that grandmoms all around are known for making…and the fact that i was eldest amongst all my cousins there was not something i complained about either…as i had a real fun ordering them around and troubling them and making them do work which i had to do otherwise…so all in all another great trip in the vacations.

On returning home i was brought down to reality after my little stint in paradise (owing to which i had lately taken to bossing people around)…but a complete role reversal occurred at home..from being the eldest at my grandmas place i was the youngest in my home…so apparently all orders eventually came down to me…though i don’t do much work at home anyway but still i was getting used to doing nothing at all recently. A habit which my sis was only too happy to break…so as routine started again with my guitar classes and the minimal amount of chores i do….i decided it was time i learned to drive a car…so i enrolled myself into a driving school and thus started my second class for the vacations (after guitar) though a relatively short one..after 15 days of sweating it out (literally!!)..i finally managed to get the hang of driving..and the six string too for that matter! (i did start out on learning php but that didn’t get very far…;)..)

But apart from this i suppose the best part of vacations were called ‘friends’. It was something i had been looking forward to since my last month in college…to get back together with all my friends and have a blast…and that’s exactly what we did…with all the movies and lunches and getting lost in roads to cherishing all the memories of school and coaching and all…it was truly great..i truly believe that my friends from school are the best ever..and i do hope we stay that way always!!

Right now the end of the vacations are almost here and I don’t know how should I be feeling…I mean after staying at home for nearly two months you don’t always feel like going back but on the other hand thinking about college and the fun there you also hope that these 8 days pass quickly.. i believe i am on the excited side…to go back to college and all ….specially since all my friends here are already back in their hostels and I am alone left here to while away on facebook…and plus this time I would have a lot more to do!!

2 comments:

eva | July 22, 2009 at 4:55 AM

spooky valleys..y didn i hear bout em..and u havn mentioned bout ur laziness which occupied most of ur summers!!! and the xtra wrk i had to do coz of u..hmm...otherwse good effort dude!!!;)

Achyuth aka Tempo | September 10, 2009 at 7:00 AM

Munnar, needless to say, is an awesome place, and not surprising, given the fact that it is in Kerala. And I think you didn't mention ur laziness because it is assumed to be always there.

Post a Comment